The international scholarship is awarded to 1 applicant, who is eager to create multidisciplinary projects at Art&Science master's program at ITMO University, St.Petersburg, Russia.
The scholarship covers tuition fees for 2 years of study, final art production expenses up to 25 000 Rubles. All other expenses (travel, visa, accommodation) are covered by the applicant. Eligibility
: eligible applicants are holders of Bachelor's degree in art related or any other field (Fine Arts, Fine Arts / Visual Arts / Graphic Design, Computer animation, other) with experience in working on science art projects, firm commitment to continue work in art & science field. How to apply?
In order to apply you need to meet the entrance requirements to the master's program and additionally provide the following documents:
1. Motivational letter (700 words max) explaining why this scholarship should be awarded to you;
2. Two recommendation letters from a representative of the professional community or from a research supervisor as part of mastering the previous level of education. The letters should be in English and contain contact details of the referees;
3. Portfolio of projects: implementation of at least 3 projects presented as part of an individual and (or) collective exhibition within the last 5 years, followed by a review of the exhibition in professional publications. Curatorial projects could also be included;
4. Possession of one or more IT tools at a basic level (confirmed by a certificate of completion of training or experience in using these tools in professional activities):
- basics of coding (python, processing, java or other);
- visual programming (vvvv, touch designer, grasshopper or other);
- 3d modeling (blender, maya, rhinoceros 3d or other);
- video and photo editing (adobe package or other);
5. Publications: at least 1 publication in English with a volume of at least 5000 characters in a professional edition. Deadline for application: August 5.
After the application shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. The final results will be announced on August 10. Responsibilities of successful applicants:
For questions feel free to contact us email@example.com with subject line Scholarship.
- full attendance of the classes;
- good/excellent grades for the courses;
- participating in min. 2 exhibitions during the studies (in Russia or abroad);
- engagement to Art&Science center's activities (events, exhibition, research, etc) up to 10 hours per week;
- positive commitment to continuing science art practices and research in this area;
- readiness to share your experience, collaborate with students, researchers.
Please note that the citizens of Russian Federation, foreign citizens from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, as well as compatriots (from CIS countries) can apply for state-funded places on an equal basis with citizens of the Russian Federation. In 2021 there will be 32 state-funded places.